Monday, February 09, 2009

Weather extremes: NSW melts, Victoria burns, Queensland sinks

New South Wales is forecast to become the hottest place on the planet on Sunday, with the current heatwave sending temperatures soaring to 47C. Worst hit will be residents in the western NSW towns of Ivanhoe, Tibooburra and Broken Hill.
Western NSW to hit 47C on SundayVictoria on extreme bushfire alertLarge parts of Queensland still drought-hit PARTS of Australia will be hotter than the African plains or Middle Eastern deserts this weekend, while other parts battle raging bushfires and still others cope with widespread flooding.
LinkHere

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

My kids and grandkids live out there. I will never go and visit them in summer. I'm so glad they have a nice big swimming pool (rather than the boiling, hot bore baths) now. They live further north - at Lightning Ridge. My Victorian family have all been through recent fires. My NSW family are in the extreme temperatures of the north west. And most of my Queensland family are safe from flooding.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Kangaroo Brisbane Australia said...

So Glad everyone is safe Woz, My Cousin Kev is in Ingham so he is really coping it big time with the floods.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Web Page Counters
free hit counter